[WWI] Re: WWI Fokker D.VII???

Rick Geisler ragfokker at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 28 01:01:53 EST 2005

Ken Said:
>That early, it would have been a Fokker-built, at Schwerin.
>OAW and Alb. rec'd their orders after Schwerin, as function of meeting
>total numbers ordered.
>I believe Schwerin was awarded approx the first 500 orders.

Ken, although I agree it would have to be Early Schwerin built, the Cold
Hard Reality is this, If MvR had one, He WOULD have been Flying it on Apri;
21st! There is NO Logical Reason, or any precedent to suggest otherwise!
When the Tripes arrived, they were flown in mixed formation with Albatri and
Pfalz aircraft. Same for Albatros DV and DIIs. Von Richthofen was
complaining for Months about the Inferiority of German Fighters. If
presented with the DVII he would have jumped at the opportunity to fly and
fight in this superb machine! I do not believe any SOURCE that states he had
a DVII!!

Rick G.
PS, As a Fantasy subject, very cool Idea!!