[WWI] MvR Fokker D.VII?????

Rick Geisler ragfokker at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 27 13:12:29 EST 2005

Jamie Asks:

>Hi folks;
>
>MvR had received a Fokker D.VII before he was killed, according to several
>of my limited sources. Can anyone tell me which manufacturer it came from?
>Is the serial number known? Had the airplane been painted in his colours?
>If so which parts of the plane were red? And of course what the finish of
>the rest?

To the best of my knowledge, NO DVIIs were delivered to the front before
MvRs death. MvR did fly the Prototype and was eagerly awaiting its arrival.

>Were any Fokker D.VIIs delivered with Maltese crosses?

Yes, Jasta 10 was the first to receive the DVII and several had Maltese
crosses. These were all Fokker Built(Early),and had the Streaky fuselage
finish. Crosses were soon field converted to Balkan Crosses.
IHTH,
Rick G.