[WWI] fav poll again

J.R. Boye mercyandhope at juno.com
Fri Feb 25 22:27:44 EST 2005

What ? No one going for the Germans ?

       O.K., Gotha G.IV - Good lines, effective on missons, imaginative
fuselage design.

                  Second choice : Caproni Ca 42 - one BIG triplane

                  We get three, right ?  Staaken R.VI - so big it dwarfs
an 0/400

               The lines of the 0/400 never looked right to me. The
fuselage is boxy with weird nose angles. The wings and tail surfaces are
an odd assortment of curves and straight lines. It looks like five
designers were each given one component to draw without seeing what the
others were up to. They tried to hide this fact by doping it all one
color.

                                                                J.R. Boye