[WWI] fav poll again

Brad & Merville bigglesrfc at sympatico.ca
Fri Feb 25 07:38:46 EST 2005

H.P. 0/400 - mostly out of nostalgia for the Airfix cover art from the
sixties.

Zeppelin Staaken - As a kid I fell in love with Joe Phelan's illustration of
one duelling in the dark with a pair of comic Camels in 'Heroes and
Aeroplanes of the Great War 1914-1918'.  Later from the photos in the
'German Giants' where crewmen are crawling all over the machine in flight
and I realized that Joe Phelan wasn't exaggerating - breathtaking!

A.E.G. IV - The first real OT multi-engine bomber I ever saw and which I
still visit annually.  An honest-to-god time machine!

Cheers
Brad