[WWI] lots of cool news/ was: New Company - ELF

Brad & Merville bigglesrfc at sympatico.ca
Tue Feb 22 20:17:40 EST 2005

This is also the reason Mounties wear their Stetsons with a rakish tilt to
the right.  Woe betide the man who attempts put any sort of bend in the
brim!  In France, Belgium and Russia they resorted to British issue forage
caps when not wearing tin helmets.  Otherwise the casualties would have been
horredous what with all the members going over the top attempting to keep a
stiff brim amongst the hail of machine gun fire and artillery concussions
all for fear of the RSM!

Brad
(who keeps his Stetson clamped in a hat press and locked in a climate
controlled closet for fear of "the bends")