[WWI] WWI] lots of cool news/ was: New Company - ELF

Shane Weier bristolf2b at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 22 18:46:50 EST 2005

Neil

>Regarding the Slouch Hat, many World War One photos show no fold at all in
>the hat which ends up as a sort of shapeless broad brimmed hat.

It's *still* worn in the field brim down or however the digger chooses
(within whatever restrictions the RSM allows anyway!)

I'm not sure of current regs. When we wore it like that the badge was left
*under* the brim, but I notice some current diggers with badge on the
puggaree when the brim is down so maybe that's changed

Shane

   My Strine is a Toad in Disguise

        Quidvis recte factum,
   quanvis humile, praeclarum