[WWI] Possibly Silly Question

Will Hendriks whendriks at shaw.ca
Mon Feb 21 13:07:26 EST 2005

Neil Eddy wrote:

Hi Neil:

In addition to what Dennis and Earnest said, be sure that the dullcoat
is mixed thoroughly before spraying, that is until no more precipitate
is visible at the bottom of the bottle. Otherwise you may risk the
finish coming out glossy instead of flat.

As an aside, for all the reasons stated I no longer use Testors
Dullcoat. The results are inconsistent and it is fairly messy to clean
up. I have found that the acrylic flat coats are much easier to work
with, give consistent results, and easier to clean up. Testors Acryl
Flat and Pollyscale are very good.

IMHO, YMMV, blah, blah, blah...

Will