[WWI] Re: WWI Lothar & Erich

Sean Brian Kirby acebuilder2003 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 20 23:03:00 EST 2005

--- Ken Schmitt <knnths at mchsi.com> wrote:

> btw - dint Loewenhardt buy the farm in a transfer to
> another airfield
> in some 2-seat bus?
> Or did he bail out in combat and look up to see an
> unopened canopy.
> Think that was it...

Löwenhardt did the deed to yet another foe - but,
surrounded by several of his mates, there was a
collision. Alfred Wentz took to silk. Young Erich also
bailed - but the chute did not open, resulting in his
death. He would have been flying the a/c Shane
depicted when it all ended for him. His tally stood at
54.

Sean

Post-Script: Oh, Kenny... you are of the mind this
red-nosed yellow D.VII of Lothar's existed?