[WWI] Lother's Plane - 'Richthofen's Eleven'

Sean Brian Kirby acebuilder2003 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 20 11:27:13 EST 2005

Hello. Got this really nice Kagero book (yes, with
decals), and on the back, it's got this yellow D.VII,
said to be a mount of Lothar von Richthofen's, on the
back. Is this a strictly conjectural profile? I'm
thinking this, 'cause it is otherwise a relatively
easy, and very colorful, scheme. Ya'd think you'd see
it replicated pretty often, if believed to be actual.
What's the skinny?

This is obviously a late Fokker-built, but if this was
an actual mount of the great ace, does one know if
this plane were a D.VIIF, or had a Mercedes?

Thanks, y'all. :)