[WWI] Camouflaged Pfalz D.IIIs??

Mr.T dr-i.417.17 at cox.net
Fri Feb 18 17:28:00 EST 2005

I'd really like to model a camouflaged Pfalz D.III, but it's really hard to
find references. Seems like jasta 10 might have had some. There is a picture
of Jasta 10 ace Aloys Heldmann sitting on the wheel of something looking a
lot like a camouflaged D.III. There's also another photo with Voss' famous
F1 103/17 in the front and a camo D.III in the backround, the tail behind
Voss' triplane and the nose out of picture. A Jasta 10 Pfalz D.III or at
least JG1 plane? That is just about everything I've found.

Does any of you listees know anything about these aeroplanes? Serials?
Personal markings? Jasta 10 Pfalzes would have yellow spinners and noses,
right?

Mikko, the GLENCO kit of the D-III has a color profile of this aircraft on
the back and a painting drawing of the top view in the instructions.

MrT