[WWI] Camouflaged Pfalz D.IIIs??

Mikko Saarela saarela.mikko at kolumbus.fi
Fri Feb 18 13:53:18 EST 2005

Folks

I'd really like to model a camouflaged Pfalz D.III, but it's really hard to find references. Seems like jasta 10 might have had some. There is a picture of Jasta 10 ace Aloys Heldmann sitting on the wheel of something looking a lot like a camouflaged D.III. There's also another photo with Voss' famous F1 103/17 in the front and a camo D.III in the backround, the tail behind Voss' triplane and the nose out of picture. A Jasta 10 Pfalz D.III or at least JG1 plane? That is just about everything I've found.

Does any of you listees know anything about these aeroplanes? Serials? Personal markings? Jasta 10 Pfalzes would have yellow spinners and noses, right?

Mikko