[WWI] Nieuport 21 question

Will Hendriks whendriks at shaw.ca
Wed Feb 16 18:04:42 EST 2005

Hi All:

Well, now that the list is up and running again, here is a question for
the Nieuport afficionados:

I recall that the sides of the cockpits were wood (Ni.11, 17, 21, etc.)
but that this wood side structure extended only as far back as the front
of the cockpit in some cases, and in others to the back of the seat?

I am building the Eduard Ni.21 in Russian markings, namely the Mahlapuu
machine on skis  in the Eduard Profipack kit.

So how far did the wood side structure go back on these Nieuport 21's?

TIA,

Will