[WWI] Vegemite Whinge

Michael Kendix mkendix at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 14 08:47:00 EST 2005

>From: "Neil Eddy" <steed_and_peel at iprimus.com.au>
>Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 20:47:30 +1100
>
>Vegemite Smedgimite....
>
>The way you lot carry on you'll have 'em all thinking we Australians eat
>nothing but that stuff.

I'm sure that's true.  Only last night on "World Traveller" they were in
Sydney.  The lady visited this traditional Australian gourmet place and had
roast wombat and possum.  Say no more!  If I should visit, I will be
bringing a large case of full of cans of tuna - no marsupials or widgety
grubs for me thanks.

Oh, and I've had Vegemite - it tasted similar to Marmite but more granular -
and thus inferiot to Marmite - BUT that might have been because it had been
sitting in Karen Rychlewski's purse for a few months.  And Marmite is not
necessarily an acquired taste - Sanjeev, introduced to it for the first time
- couldn't stop eating it as we were driving back from the World War One
Fly-In in Dayton.  Balzer kept complaining about the smell - I would have
expected a bit more resilience from a retired Marine Corps. Major but there
you are.

So, I suppose I will have to paint this Soviet trainer in silver-dope.

Michael