[WWI] DML WWI re-releases?

Shane Weier bristolf2b at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 13 18:58:30 EST 2005

Jamie says

>I think these are very well thought out and engineered kits. I like the PE
>Dr. I cabane struts and undercarriage; they save a lot of potential
>disasters and a little extra paint will give them a more convincing look. I
>was less happy with the Spad's PE  struts.

To be fair, the struts on the SPAD kit are all plastic, and only the
tie-bars are PE. Since they're markedly lighter on the SPAD than the actual
struts, using PE makes it possible for them to be thinner and still strong.
A couple of coats of primer and a touch of the sanding stick makes a quite
convincing result IMO

(I have one of these, three Dr.1's and a D.VII left in my stash. I think I
sold or swapped about six D.VII's,  a SPAD and a Dr.1 to listees)

Shane

   My Strine is a Toad in Disguise

        Quidvis recte factum,
   quanvis humile, praeclarum