[WWI] DML WWI re-releases?

JAMES GAGNON gagnonjamie at rogers.com
Sun Feb 13 17:36:33 EST 2005

Hi Chris;

I picked up a Spad two years ago, and four of the Dr.I's last year which I
am mass-producing right now. I based the assumption that the D.VIII was
still available through Squadron Mail Order a year or so ago. I could be
wrong.

I think these are very well thought out and engineered kits. I like the PE
Dr. I cabane struts and undercarriage; they save a lot of potential
disasters and a little extra paint will give them a more convincing look. I
was less happy with the Spad's PE  struts. Watch out for the Dr.I's with the
Shanghai Dragon logo; they appear to have run the injection moulding cycle
with too little cooling time; the fuselage halves have caved slightly
resulting in fit problems along the seams. These problems were not present
in the original Dragon releases. A little warm water and some careful
outwards pushing should fix the problem.

Jamie