Revell Fokker Dr.I (was Re: What's wrong with MAC/ was: [WWI]Added:Bristol Scout C and more!)

Shane Weier bristolf2b at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 13 16:02:55 EST 2005

Matt

> > And on the subject of advantages in opposition, I have just finished a
> > Revell 1/72 Fokker Dr.1, and am utterly unable to decide whether it or
>the
> > Eduard is superior. Both have advantages and pitfalls and none of the
> > pitfalls is anything even remotely nasty. We live in a time of great
>kits.
>
>All joking aside, I seriously would like to know more about the
>Revell kit.  Thanks!

Okay

Markedly better engine than the Eduard - and the Roden (which is also better
than the Eduard)

Rib positions especially on the tail are IMO a little overdone *but* once
painted really don't appear bad at all.

Fine interior detail, maybe too fine because hard to paint. No compass but
then the Eduard one is a 50% relief. Very clunky raised mounting points for
the gun support bar, but I just cut them off and the part located perfectly
well anyway

Fine mouldings - wing ties and struts are nice and thin and detailed.

Fit is first class - it doesn't feel like it clicks together the way that
the Eduard does, but by the same token I needed no filler anywhere nor was
there need to trim to fit (and with the Eduard there *was* a minor issue
with the ammo box)

Kit provides the Jasta Boelke undercarriage mods not required for the decals
provided. There are notches in the undercarriage V struts which need filling
if it isn't used

All I can think of at the moment. I'm sure Nigel will pipe up though, and he
did a comparison in one of the mags didn't he?

Oh - my choice would be Eduard with Revell engine and Roden cockpit parts

Shane

   My Strine is a Toad in Disguise

        Quidvis recte factum,
   quanvis humile, praeclarum