Great Kits/ was: What's wrong with MAC/ was: [WWI] Added:Bristol Scout C and more!

Sean Brian Kirby acebuilder2003 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 13 12:42:00 EST 2005

--- Shane Weier <bristolf2b at hotmail.com> wrote:

> And on the subject of advantages in opposition, I
> have just finished a
> Revell 1/72 Fokker Dr.1, and am utterly unable to
> decide whether it or the
> Eduard is superior. Both have advantages and
> pitfalls and none of the
> pitfalls is anything even remotely nasty. We live in
> a time of great kits.

They are both beautiful kits. Yesterday, the local
hobby shop owner and I were discussing how lucky we
are to have all these beautiful models. I was buying
some of Tamiya's new 1:48 armor (the Cat), and it is
very true this is a very good time for the enthusiast.
I pointed out to him that years ago, like in the
Fifties, was the Golden Age for kits - and he said no,
now is the Golden Age. Cannot argue with the current
quality and scope...

(And we get a lovely 1:32 Dreidecker, soon!)

Sean