[WWI] Soviet Strutter

Warren Dickinson wed317 at onlineky.com
Sun Feb 13 11:28:41 EST 2005

Michael writes:
"I have begun Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter #5 and this time I thought I'd try
the
Toko trainer kit and do the Orenburg Soviet 1930 trainer.  The kit says
CDL
but as we know, there is some evidence that some (Maybe all?) of the
French
Strutters were silver doped."

Good for you!  I plan on building multiples of the Strutter myself.  I
do not think they were all silver doped, and even Matt will tell you
that not all of them were.  Remember the contemporary painting from the
Musee that D. posted a while back showing CDL Strutters?  IIRC the only
Bolo a/c shot down by the AEF in Archangel was a Strutter formerly of
RFC heritage, and PC10.  Is the one you are building definitely of
French origin?

Warren