What's wrong with MAC/ was: [WWI] Added:Bristol Scout C and more!

Shane Weier bristolf2b at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 12 23:49:03 EST 2005

Sean says

> > Thus in terms of racial
> > discrimination, the Irish
> > can be termed a race.
>
>But they're not. :) Or not a separate one from the
>accused, surely. And anyone who understands the
>language knows this is true. :D For instance, I always
>thought it a hoot when you have an Englishman calling
>a Frenchman a racist because he said something about a
>German. :p And so-on...

FWIW you're using a narrow  North American centric (for obvious historical
reasons) interpretation of the word which is *not* supported by the Oxford
dictionary which gives examples of both usages.

And while I know what you mean, English has two powerfull advantages over
most other languages in being capable of great precision  yet being
remarkably flexible - advantages which are apparently in opposition.

And on the subject of advantages in opposition, I have just finished a
Revell 1/72 Fokker Dr.1, and am utterly unable to decide whether it or the
Eduard is superior. Both have advantages and pitfalls and none of the
pitfalls is anything even remotely nasty. We live in a time of great kits.

Shane

   My Strine is a Toad in Disguise

        Quidvis recte factum,
   quanvis humile, praeclarum