[WWI] Udet's Fokker D.VII question

ssj at mustang.sr.unh.edu ssj at mustang.sr.unh.edu
Sat Feb 12 09:46:43 EST 2005

A question for the DVII cognoscenti - see forwarded mail below:

Dear Sanjeev,
 My name is Mike and I wrote to you before about Tomasz's Lewis guns...
 Anyhow I have a quick question for you that I hope you might be able to answer.
 I have looked and looked but cannot answer this myself.
 I am wanting to model Udet's D.VIII that he flew after the war in mock dogfights.
 I know that the tail section was blue, although I do not know what shade.
 What I really need to know is what color was the cowl and upper decking forward of the fuselage? I have searched and searched but can't find the answer.
 Any idea's?
Mike