[WWI] Bedouins Squadron

J.R. Boye mercyandhope at juno.com
Fri Feb 11 21:45:55 EST 2005

  I turned 50 this week, and my sweet wife was very thought ful and gave
me a number of OT books she found. Some were published during the war,
which is always interesting to me.
     One is by Lt. Robert Reece, and it is a collection of his memories
while with a night bombing Handley-Page squadron he calls the "Bedouins".
He says they were formed in September 1917 and operated near Nancy. He
never states the unit number, though, and I haven't been able to
determine which squadron this is.
      Would someone please help me out on this one ? It's one of those
books where everyone is referred to by nicknames, and very few places and
dates are given. A cute little book, nonetheless, published in 1919.

                                                         Thanks,
       J.R. Boye