What's wrong with MAC/ was: [WWI] Added:Bristol Scout C and more!

Michael Kendix mkendix at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 11 13:44:12 EST 2005

Diego:

What's wrong with MAC kits?  I agree that their Fokker E.IV and Fokker D.VII
were surpassed by Eduard and Roden, respectively.  However, I have built the
Roland D.VIb, Pfalz D.III & D.IIIa, Phönix D.I & D.II, and they are really
good kits.  A little thick on the trailing edge of the wings but the quality
of the plastic is high and the molding is good.  I think they are a little
expensive but I found that if I waited, they come down in price and I was
able to acquire them for a reasonable amount.

I also have the SPAD VII, which I'm looking forward to building - in RFC
colours of course!

Michael

P.S. I see some Aussie cricketer has been found guilty of rascism for
calling someone a "Pommie git". :)  Worst of all the "Pom" turned out to be
an Irishman:)!  Between these misdirected types of insults and the deadly
spiders now inundating Brisbane (apparently pronounced Briz-bun by the
natives) households one wonders if they should ever be permitted full
independence. God Save Matilda!