FW: [WWI] voisin 10 LAR and LAS differences

Chris Savaglio csavaglio at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 11 02:38:44 EST 2005

Well, I have a reputation at the model group i hang out with for building
stuff no one else will touch.  I'm definately going to rebuild the tail
booms with either brass or more likely styrene rod or tube.  The kit stuff
is just too flimsy.  It's also warped, but hot water cured most of that in
about 15 minutes.

At least nobody can tell you you're doing it wrong.  I just wonder about the
color scheme.  All black is borring, but for the night bomber, I don't know
what else would work.  The NASM one is all silver, but it's not a night
bomber.  The Paris one is green and brown on the nacelle, but I don't know
about the wings or tail.  The instructions are kind of vague on it and
there's no color/marking guide.

The resin's a bit chunky(think Engines 'N' Things), but nothing thats not
workable.  I think most of it will look ok under paint.

I don't know about this one.  I think going into it with a positive attitude
will be important as well as realizing that all the details aren't going to
be spot on cause of the lack of ref material.  This thing will either become
the pride of the collection or my modelling doom.  We'll see.  I have only
the finishing touches on my CSM Pfalz Dr.I to do, which has been on my bench
forever.  With that completed, I also just completed a WWII subject that was
a work bench queen.  I won't have much else half complete that I plan on
completing anytime soon, so something like that Voisin might be a good
choice.

Chris