[WWI] Your first scratch built model

Shane Weier bristolf2b at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 5 04:36:14 EST 2005

John says

>Ok all I have the next question;
>When and what was your first scratch built model?.

My first ever scratch built *model* was a 1:600 ship, ot destryer type. At
the time I was about 12 and hellbent on joining the Navy as an officer (but
crap eyesight saved me)

My first ever scratchbuilt aircraft was a Fokker E.III in 1/72   I was about
15.  It wasn't available here, looked simple enough and with an engine from
(I think) a broken Airfix Dr.1 I was away.

I probably have about 20 fully scratch models in my history which is amazing
considering how slowly I work. OTOH most predate marriage...

Shane

   My Strine is a Toad in Disguise

        Quidvis recte factum,
   quanvis humile, praeclarum