[WWI] Kinda sorta OT Digital Camera Inquiry

Crawford Neil Neil.Crawford at volvo.com
Fri Feb 4 02:56:47 EST 2005

I just went through that decision, and finally on Stuart and others
advice bought a Canon 300D, a digital SLR same as a Nikon D70.
I am very pleased with it so far. The big advantage, as I see it, over
"point and shoot" type cameras is quick and acurate focusing,
no waiting between shots, and the ability to set the ISO (film speed)
to 1600 (or 3200 if you hack it). Being able to swap lenses is great,
if you can afford it, generally speaking a DSLR is going to end up
more expensive, but better. Mega-pixels don't seem to matter that much.
/Neil C. (who doesn't really know what he's talking about, but does anyway)