[WWI] Looking for Windsock Datafile Albatros D V

Andy Bannister andy at warpedplastic.co.uk
Thu Feb 3 14:54:30 EST 2005

> Question for the list:  I got the Albatros Fighters Special for
> Christmas, and IIRC, in the intro they said that this book was a
> compilation of the Albatros D.II, D.III, and D.V Datafiles along with
> some photos that were new, some the same, and *updated* plans.  Anyone
> know if the plans in the Special are better/different that those in the
>
> Warren

In some cases, yes. However, RLR seems to have a habit of regurgitating the
same old plans, photos and articles from the original Scale Models articles
in the '70s. There may be some "tweaking" to the plans here and there but I
know of a couple of instances (in the Dr.1 special for instance) where the
plans were tweaked incorrectly, making them less accurate in some respects
than the originals.