[WWI] FW: Book Opinion Please

Rick Geisler ragfokker at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 2 14:59:29 EST 2005

Warren Asked?
>Listers,
>         What opinion's do ya'll have on the book "The Lafayette Flying
>Corps: The American Volunteers in the French Air Service in World War
>One" published by Schiffer.  SWMBO wants to give me an OT book for my
>birthday this month, and I'm making a list.
>IS the February IM up yet?

Warren, If you are looking for a cmprehensive study of all of the Pilots who
served in the Lafayette flying Corps., this is your book. If you are looking
for Aircraft photos( There are fewer than I had hoped to see), Color Schemes
and profiles,etc, the Lafayette book by Osprey is much better. Would I give
up my copy of the Schiffer Book? Probably Not, but Bios on pilots and
organization etc. is the rule in this book.
IHTH,
Rick G.