[WWI] Fwd: Razor Saws

S Hirve ot811 at msbx.net
Wed Feb 2 14:45:34 EST 2005

From: Balzer Gregory [mailto:balzer_gregory at bah.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 2, 2005 07:09 PM
To: ot811 at msbx.net
Subject: Re: Razor Saws

Sanjeev,

Tried to respond earlier but the firewalls at work prevent me from posting. Would you be so kind as to post for me.

Can't answer directly regarding razor saws, but have a great technique for removing ailerons.

The best technique I have found to remove ailerons is to use cotton sewing thread. Take a sewing needle and embed it in a piece of wooden dowel, and lightly scribe three or four passes where you want your cut. Secure the part in a vice of some type, and using the cotton thread like dental floss cut out the desired part. Takes about 30 seconds to remove a part, nice and clean. Touch up with a sanding stick and you're off and running. I've tried cutting with the back of a #11 blade, I've tried saws, every type of panel scriber known to man, and can still find none better than sewing thread.

HTH,

Greg