[WWI] Repost: You Gotta Iwata

Chris Savaglio csavaglio at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 1 03:23:17 EST 2005

I run an Iwata HP-C plus.  Excellent airbrush, once you learn the quirks of
it, most of which come from the fact I shoot mostly acrylics.  I have a
Gunze Sangyo .2mm that I used while I was in Japan and back stateside until
I realized I couldn't get needles for it.  The Iwata seemed very similar
after I got that.  In fact, that's the reason I went with the Iwata.  Turns
out the needle and other parts are interchangeable.  The "plus" part on the
Iwata HP series is the newer style with corser threads on some of the parts,
like the nozzle, to prevent stripping.  Not a problem unless you really like
cranking down on parts, but for only a few dollars more and the knowledge
that they're going to that style and parts would be available for a long
time, it was worth it.

I haven't shot my Gunze brush in a long time.  I think it really needs a
good cleaning and maybe a new Iwata.  I believe the Gunze is a re-badged
Iwata in Japan, same as the Tamiya airbrushes being Badgers.

Chris