[WWI] As time goes by (A modeler's lament)

Rick Geisler ragfokker at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 1 01:41:17 EST 2005

karen Said:
>Couple of mildly interesting experiences with noises in the sky:
>Most of the time, planes coming from the south and east to land at
>Chicago's O'Hare fly north over Lake Michigan (get a seat on the port side
>if you ever do this--spectacular views of downtown Chicago) then make a
>left turn and follow the Kennedy Expressway out to the airport. Mother's
>apartment is about 1/4 mile north of the Kennedy so every 45 seconds or so
>there's another one coming in low;

I have NEVER Flown into Ohare! I have ,however flown into Midway three
times. When I managed the Hobby Shop inFl. (Attending The RICHTA Show).All I
can remember is that you made the Steepest banks I have ever made to Land!
Here in Fleetwood an Aircraft Flying over low enough to Make Noise is a
definant Eye Opener! We do get an Occasional AirGuard F-1% Falc(* , Flying
low and FAST! I run out of the House, because the First flying Higher,is
always followed by a Lower Flying Blow Torch!
Rick G.