[WWI] Pfalz biplane resource

Alfred A Fickensher Jr x8444 at revealed.net
Sun Aug 29 22:00:46 EDT 2004

	Here's a senior moment recall (be careful because I've learned that old
guys make up as many memories as they forget) of a possible, albeit rather
off-the-wall, resource of some photos of a Pfalz D????. Probably very
obscure but might be easily findable if one goes to the source.
	This was a photo feature in an early sixties edition of the monthly
magazine published by the ANTIQUE AIRPLANE ASSOCIATION. They are located in
Blakesburg, Iowa and they have a website. Just Google Antique Airplane
Association. They have a library which includes archives of their own old
mags.
	As I remember the magazine article it was about how some guy got this
Pfalz basket case to his house packed on a trailer. There were a few pages
of B/W photos of the fuselage and engine and other parts lying about his
garage. I got the mag in 1965 and remember that it was the first time I had
ever heard of Pfalz and thought it was kind of a clumsy-looking airplane.
Geez, how I've matured since then. Not smart enuf to still have the mag tho.
	If this article is already common knowledge, no harm done.

AlF