[WWI] Old plastic models

Warren Dickinson ibs4421 at onlineky.com
Tue Aug 24 21:05:43 EDT 2004

Edi,
    A question: Did you use tube glue to assemble the kits?  If so, this
may be part of the problem as tube glue, if I recall, contains resins,
etc. that deteriorate over time.  Liquid glue for plastics is a solvent,
and as such evaporates, leaving the plastic parts welded together.  Also
consider the source of the kits/plastic they were manufactured out of.
Until very recently I had an Airfix Napoleonic figure I made/painted
over 30 years ago that showed no signs of deterioration, but did show
signs of my lack of talent in my youth as a figure painter.  :)  (In my
defense I must say that I had nto read anything by Shep Paine or others
on figure painting at that time.  That's my story and I'm sticking to
it.)

Warren