[WWI] Old plastic models

Rick Geisler ragfokker at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 24 19:50:07 EDT 2004

Edi Said:

>Hi group,
>some of my best models literally falling apart). Can anything be done to
>prevent this? (It's one of the things keeping me from starting again with
>plastic models.)

I have found that using Gloss coats prior to decaling, and sealing with a
clear coat will greatly delay the effects of TIME! That being said, glue
will deteriorate, eventually. Perhaps Super Glue or Epoxy reinforced joimts
will last longer. My Old Models were never put to the Test of Time. I
scrapped many as my skills grew, plus multiple moves over the years etc. I
would repair what I could and go on from there!

>I can see most of you are plastic modellers. However, I'm not sure whether
>this is a plastic modellers' mailing list. Are there also card modellers or
>R/C modellers on the list?

Careful review of the Gallery will reveal RC, Stick and Tissue , Rubber
Powered etc. This group is Diverse if nothing else!
Rick G.