[WWI] Nationals Pictures

Robert Laskodi laskodi at launchnet.com
Fri Aug 20 10:46:24 EDT 2004

<<<On reflection, this was the first time I had left the "exposted" card in
my luggage.  Usually I have it in my carry-on bag.  Maybe that was my
error.>>>
I think that was your mistake. NEVER check any of your photo media, be they
cards or film. Most checked baggage is X-ray'ed and that can "fog" your
film. In addition, many of the larger airports are using devices based on
MRI devices which can indeed harm your exposed digital card. They just
opened the one up in San Jose a few months ago. If you carry on your photo
media, no harm will likely befall it (except perhaps loss!).
HTH
-----Bob