[WWI] Hansa

Diego Ferneti dfernet0 at rosario.gov.ar
Fri Aug 20 08:52:53 EDT 2004

Neil, Dave
> Not sure about Hansas, but all British aircraft from the early/mid 20s had
red
> oxide primer on their fabric surfaces - for the same reason as PC-12 awas
> found to be the best preserving dope.

Looking more attentively to the pictures I'm more than convinced that this
interior finish is not the original colour, but a paint coat applied later
during the restoration. My guess is that originally the interior of these
aircraft were done with varnish or in a light colour enamel. Perhaps someoen
who can check the Rimell book on WW1 survivors or mayeb Knut, may know
better about the standards od the restoration
D.