[WWI] Re: Hembrug heavy mg based on Schwarzlose M1908/15

Marc Flake mflake at airmail.net
Thu Aug 19 21:37:30 EDT 2004

Michael said:

"...any decent score on the range with that weapon is the result of either extreme good luck or the gods of statistical anomoly lining up your sights."

'Twas a little of both.  I was as surprised as my shipmates when the card came back with a nicely packed group near the center of the target.

Ed:

My favorite days were those Graduation Days when Congressmen or Admirals visited, 'cause then they served lobster in the Recruit Training Command galley.  All the lobster you could eat for 75 cents!

Marc Flake
NB: 2 SPADs, 1 Monogram Fokker in Lowenhardt's scheme and an OT German battleship
NL: "Magnificent Seven" and other film music composed by Elmer Bernstein, who died yesterday at the age of 92
NR: Dreadnought (going on 7 weeks now)