[WWI] Hembrug heavy mg based on Schwarzlose M1908/15

Dickinson ibs4421 at onlineky.com
Thu Aug 19 09:09:11 EDT 2004

"From 1915 to 1939 there was not so much time after all! How many years
the
Colt 1911 was used by the US army? The current weapons of most armies
have
designs -perhaps modified or improved- that have more than 30 years."

Up until the 1990's, a testament to the genius of John Moses Browning.
Additionally, the Browning M2 .50 cal MG was designed at the end of WWI
for the purposes (so I read) of providing quick counter-battery fire.
It did not get to see service, it was too late.  However, it is still in
use.  I do not know of any other weapons from WWI that are still in
front line use.

"Hey , what about the Kalashnikov?"

Designed after World War Pt. II by a former Soviet tanker vet.

Warren