[WWI] Hembrug heavy mg based on Schwarzlose M1908/15

Knut Erik Hagen knut.erik.hagen at eunet.no
Wed Aug 18 13:58:23 EDT 2004

Hei,

Earlier today I visited the Coastal Artillery Museum at Oscarsborg Fortress.

Among the light weapons on display was a Dutch Hembrug heavy mg
based on the Schwarzlose M1908/15, but produced as late as 1939!

Does someone on the list have any ideas as to why such an obsolete
weapon would be copied so many years after the end of WW1?

I have a few pictures if of interest, some other images of OT
equipment might be sent to the wwi-models.org page later on.
(Madsen/Hotchkiss mgs and various heavy guns from the turn of the century.)

  Eders
Knut Erik