[WWI] Update, Von Holtzem and Weathering

Greg Balzer gregbalzer at adelphia.net
Tue Aug 17 21:54:34 EDT 2004

Bill,

Tried to respond earlier from work, but kept getting bounced.  The list has
collectively responded, but I'll throw in my two cents worth.

Von Holtzem was a Pfalz test pilot, and had the straight pipe modification
added to his AC.

The only modifications to the kit of note would be cutting out the flashing
on the starboard side for the radiator return tube, and adding the mirror in
the upper wing.  Detail to taste.

Graham Hunter has done an excellent full-build review which should be
available online, the results of which can be seen in his gallery page on
the list website.  Use of lozenge on the upper and/or lower wings is the
subject of much controversy...Dicta Ira!

I've got some technical drawings and a few more scanned photos that may be
of use.  I'll forward offline.

HTH,
Greg
(Coming up from Deep Lurk from some undisclosed location with the likes of
Dick Cheney)