[WWI] Added:RAF RE.8

Diego Fernetti dfernet0 at rosario.gov.ar
Tue Aug 17 07:54:58 EDT 2004

Sanjeev!
>    Sanjeev Hirve sent in photos of his
> RAF RE.8,
> See http://www.wwi-models.org/Images/Hirve/Russ/index.html#Re8

Sorry for the late reply, mon ami, but I wanted to see the pictures very
carefully.... This is a true work of art! It deserves to be on exhibition on
a museum, such as the previous winners of the Fritz award. Does aviation
museums contact prize winning modelers to buy or loan their pieces? Everyone
can learn aviation history and modeling from them and in the NASM I was as
thrilled to see the real artifacts as to examine their fine model
collections.
The wheels on your RE8 seem so delicate that even look as unable to hold the
model. Tell me, are these wire spoked wheels rigid as the full size wheels?
D.