[WWI] Nieuport Aluminum Finish

KarrArt at aol.com KarrArt at aol.com
Tue Aug 17 01:33:35 EDT 2004

<<
Yes - grey can be mixed from a number of different pigments - for
example ultramarine and yellow ochre will give various shades of grey
when mixed with white; burnt umber, blue and white give another
variation

Middle English generally had it as "gray". OE split the difference and used
that dipthong thing that's an a and e back to back........
For paintings, I rarely mix black and white. I get all kinds of odd warm and
cool grays mixing colors across the wheel from each other.
RK