[WWI] Nieuport Aluminum Finish

Dickinson ibs4421 at onlineky.com
Sun Aug 15 16:26:57 EDT 2004

Neil,

"Varying the base colour can certainly produce different metallic
tones."

OK

"The link below is to a good article on the subject"

Thanks!  I had that one bookmarked earlier, but lost it due to the crash
we had earlier.  I've got is saved again now.

"There will be some variability in tonal values for doped finishes as a
result of weathering and whats going on underneath the fabric, producing
wear and discolouration."

Yes, exactly!

"I would be very judicious in its application as it is difficult to
assertain the extent of such differences on actual aircraft (Less is
always more in my opinion)"

I share that opinion as well.

"I haven't used Misterkit at all yet. You can't get it local here and I
am
not inclined to pay to import some for myself."

Well, I got it just to try it.  If I don't like it, I can always resort
to one of the old standbys.

Warren