[WWI] Weathering powders, was Mr. & Mrs. Dithers, et al

Karen Rychlewski krychski at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 13 13:16:19 EDT 2004

ot811 wrote:

> ? ?Mine is sold by Bragdon (www.bragdonent.com), ...?I bought their 4-pack of gray, soot, brown and darker
> brown. ?This range seemed quite adequate for weathering a plane.
> The stuff is great, but there are a few caveats:
> ? ?On the plus side, beside not needing to be fixed, it is very easy to  control.

Everything Sanjeev said, plus:
They can be mixed together to form other tones.
They're adaptable to either a light touch for a 'highlight' effect or a
heavy scrubbing to get them down in the recesses.
I've mixed them with a bit of water or thinner for 'runny' effects but
need more practice on this; they don't dissolve but remain as tiny, tiny
specks.
I've  overcoated them with DullCote and they don't disappear or change
like pastels.
There's another 4-pack of rusty colors and another of  dulled yellow,
blue, green, & red.

YMMV

Karen