[WWI] virtual Fokker DVII

Mike Fletcher nieuport at rogers.com
Thu Aug 12 16:08:13 EDT 2004

The weathering looks good but it could be glossier - the lozenge fabric
was given a glossy coat of clear dope to seal it and to reduce drag.
I don't think the Fokkers were as glossy as the Sopwiths but a quick
glace through my Fokker directory reveils some - at least to the
satin/semi-gloss level. Admittedly on an aircraft that has been in use
for a few months it would have dulled further but there should be some
reflectivity, especially in the darker areas, imho. (The matt-ness makes
it look more weathered than it otherwise would I think).
Have you seen the write-up on digital modelling in WW1 Aero? I only had
time to scan through it quickly but it looked interesting.

Very cool. :)

Mike