[WWI] virtual Fokker DVII

Douglas Jones aeroc at comcast.net
Thu Aug 12 15:20:55 EDT 2004

I wondered about that. I noticed that the plans for the Mademoiselle are
hand drawn. In fact my kit was actually missing a couple of  laser cut
parts. I have one of the original runs of the kit. It has been fixed now. On
this plane everything seems to be OK so far, with the exception of the dumb
fuel tank!

It's a shame that they didn't check the parts against the plans! Dare is
actually run by two brothers. They live in disparate locations on the East
Coast of the US as I recall. One does the 'engineering work' and the other
handles the kitting and shipping etc. Sounds like if I decide to do a Flyer
I should do the Sig version.

I have never worked with Litespan before. But I hope it works more like
Coverite or SolarTex and not like monocote. I can't get monocote to work for
love nor money! Did you experience and warping problems when shrinking the
Litespan?

Doug