[WWI] virtual Fokker DVII

MARK MILLER mark_.m at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 12 11:19:41 EDT 2004

Hah!
Thanks Pedro - and you too Neil
As for the weathering.
well - I thought maybe now would be a good time to offer up
myself as a wipping boy for this question :-D

as for the tail
Good point Pedro - Skyraider 3D gave me the same advice.
But, I'm kind of happy with it as is.
well.... maybe I should just lighten it up a touch.
Yes, in photos a white tail typicaly washes out and all you see
is white.
but who cares about cameras ;-)

In any case
i'm still of two minds on the weathering here.
which was gratifyingly expressed in neil's and Pedro's posts.
But, I think i might wait until I set up the environment I'll be
rendering in - I might be able to use the density of color to my
advantage when setting up the lighting.
or not ... we will see

But - sooner or later I'll have to lay in some real oil leaks
and chipping paint. That will be fun

thanks again for the input
Mark