[WWI] Weathering

Bittner, Matthew E. (KTR)~U BITTNERM at stratcom.mil
Thu Aug 12 09:04:19 EDT 2004

We have that general rule as well in our club.

One thing I was glad of, though.  One of the people I know - not on the list - that dabbles in 1/72nd WW1 aircraft I decided to give one hint to.  I can't remember completely, but his name is Clint somethingorother, and he's from either mid/northern Iowa, or Minnesota.  In any event, at one of the contests I noticed he was putting exhaust stains behind his carb breather pipes, thinking they were exhausts.  That was one time I didn't hold my tongue, and just mentioned what those pipes were actually for.  He appeared to be grateful for the advice.

It just goes to show that sometimes you can't hold back - but you need to really look at the whole situation and determine what is best said, and how best to say it.  Not something that happens well enough - I was lucky that time (and normally fall on my face others).

Matt Bittner
still upset over the gaff with the Easy Lift-Off and the Loening...