[WWI] Atlanta US Nationals...

Shane Weier bristolf2b at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 11 21:49:40 EDT 2004

Hi all

Something from Paul Cotcher which may be of interest. I am a great believer
in the UK system of model shows because of the club and SIG display stands,
and our show in Brisbane is modelled on the same lines. This was posted on
Hyperscale today - it'd be nice for the new Internet WW1 SIG to display and
give a great meeting and greeting point

Shane

We are very much encouraging a display area like the UK nats has for next
summer's nationals here in Atlanta.

Yes we'll still have the contest, and a big one at that. Some people do like
it, most have come to at least "understand" the judging system, but still
don't like it, but that's kind of beside the point.

The tables in the display only area can be purchased/reserved by clubs,
sigs, or just a group that wants to display a bunch of 1/48 Me109s.

This is something that we feel is very important for the continued growth of
the IPMS show, as all along folks have been asking for the display area.
Typically they get thousands of models at the display stands at Telford each
year... There's no reason we can start to go the same direction!

Note that we've setup forums on the website to discuss these displays,
allowing groups to coordinate their displays leading up to the show.

So in a nutshell, we're trying to do both, keep the contest stong, but then
also grow the display that nicely compliments the contest...

Very much looking forward to it!

Paul
http://www.ipmsusa2005.org

My Strine is a Toad in Disguise