[WWI] Weathering

Rick Geisler ragfokker at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 11 21:39:24 EDT 2004

Shane said:
>This is the key. Unlike (for example) Hyperscale, this is a closed forum.
>The discussion is more like that at a family dinner table  with plentifull
>family elders ready with sage advice (or a clip around the ear'ole), than
>that over a bar at the pub,
>
>Our social conventions tend to the supportive so even if the family member
>with the big mouth (and feet to match) goes too far the others tend quickly
>to soothe and bring perspective. OTOH in an open forum, who knows what
>bovver booted larrikin will wade into the fray and cause a bar brawl.

I think that the Key is to criticise when asked, in a supportive way. As
others have said, the skill level to acheive the "LOOK" of this model is
incredible. Is it Correct for this Aircraft? Probably not. Pictures are I
believe available. Most of you may not realize this but 15 to 20 years ago a
weathered Model was dismissed without notice in an IPMS USA contest.It did
not matter if it was WW1 or WW1 part 2. I personally talked to an IPMS judge
that said Weathering was a tactic to cover Flaws in the model!!! Thank god
we have progressed to a pont where realism in scale is not only acceptable
but the Norm!
Again the DV weathering is probably overdone for realism, but OH What a
LOOK! I wonder how he (or She) Acheived the weathered Lozenge?
Rick G.