[WWI] Contest models

Grzegorz Mazurowski grzegorz_mazurowski at poczta.onet.pl
Wed Aug 11 07:24:05 EDT 2004

Hi List!
To come back OT, I have serious question: how are judged the models on IPMS
Nats? What is really important?
I remember that the main issue was quality of work, that means it is better
to do fewer details perfectly than more details less perfectly - am I right?
And what about general difficulty of some thing? Are lozenged models better
suited than in uniform colour? How the judges look at imitation of bigger
wooden parts (like wooden fuselages), how important is real wooden
propeller?
Another question: to open or not to open - is it important to remove some
parts of fuselage covering (like Sanjeev did with Morane) to show the
internal structure? I wonder how cool will be airplane with real wing
internal construction, partially covered and partially uncovered - one can
use strip-down PE Eduard sets - did somebody tried to cover such wings with
something different than that clear film?
What about Part Albatros fuselage internal structures?
And finally, how the judges judge "completness" of the model? I mean that
plane with half of the fuselage covering removed is somewhat incomplete, so
what if I decide to remove the engine or even bigger thing, like topw wing?
I don't mean diorama but the "normal" model.
Cheers!
Grzegorz